Circle of Wisdom Elders & Seniors Centre
Groceries & Supplies
2-1-1 or ab.11.ca (Calgary & Area)
- Can get assistance in purchasing food if client is unable
- Delivery options available
Bulk Food Box
- $4.99 flat rate delivery
- Minimum $100 purchase
- (403) 219-6064. E-mail: email@example.com
- They’re offering a care package of non-perishable food items such as canned meat, pasta sauce, and juice.
- The care package will be delivered at no cost to the homes of people under isolation until April 15, 2020 or until supplies last, whichever comes first.
- To request a care package, please contact the email with your name, address, phone number, the start and end date of your quarantine, and the closest Calgary Co-op store.
- 2-day delivery
- No minimal order
- No delivery fee for orders of $75.00 or more
- Available Wednesday, March 17, 2020
- Call to place order (403) 253-2055
- Pick-up only: 5000 – 11 ST. S.E.
- First three meals for free
- Superstore offers Grocery Link to assist with grocery shopping and delivery for individuals with health issues who are not able to shop for themselves. Staff will call clients weekly to arrange grocery shopping and delivery service.
- Cost: Minimum order of $40.00 and a $10.00 delivery fee.
- (587) 578-4197
- Shop from Superstore, Wal-Mart, Shoppers, Wholesale Club, Staples, M & M, and Bulk Barn
Kerby Centre’s Thrive Program
- (403) 234-6571 or (403) 705-3222
- Grocery shopping for seniors who are 55+, low income, and are not able to shop.
- Income cap of $26,500/single or $38,000/couple, to be determined by Line 150 on the client’s Notice of Assessment.
- Groceries will only be done at CO-OP.
- Cost: $4.00 delivery fee.
- The client will receive a 5% discount on the grocery bill, as they cannot use their individual CO-OP member cards.
- The shopping is done by volunteers and will take 2 – 4 days before the groceries are delivered
- Order from multiple stores
- $19.98 delivery fee
Lina’s Italian Market
- (403) 277-9166
- First shopping hour is for seniors only
- 10% shopping discount for seniors
- Free delivery to seniors within 5 km radius
Meals on Wheels – Calgary
- (403) 243-2834
- Still operating, but they will deliver by leaving the food at the door, ringing the doorbell, and leaving
Premiere Dance Academy Senior Girl Dancers
- (403) 968-1455
- Community volunteer group
- Willing to help anyone in the NW get groceries or other supplies
- Meat and bakery ordering
- Shipping fee varies
Rocky Mountain BBQ Catering LTD.
- (403) 651-9926
- Calgary wide flat-rate deliver fee of $20.00
- Smoked and cured meats, smoked and cooked meats, grilling meats, soups, jerky, and pepperoni
- $40.00 Delivery charge
Shoppers Drug Mart
- The first opening hour of shopping at their stores is open to customers who need special considerations and assistance, such as seniors and people living with disabilities. Check your nearest store for store times.
- They also offer a 20% Seniors Day Discount for the first hour of each day every day. This is in addition to Seniors Day each Thursday.
Sobeys: Tuscany NW & High River
- Will open early every Tuesday from 0600 – 0700 for only seniors and people with immune deficiencies to get access to supplies they may need before the store opens to the general public
- Online grocery delivery
- No subscriptions necessary
- 0600-0700 every Tuesday and Friday, Superstore will reserve this time for seniors or adults with disabilities or immune deficiencies to acquire the needed supplies before opening the store to the general public.
- Minimum purchase $ 50 before tax
- $ 9.97 for delivery
- Cancel order: 1-800-328-0402
Women in Need Society (WINS)
- The Free Goods Referral Program (FGRP) will remain operating as usual, except for our delivery service which will cease until further notice. Our referring agencies are requested to encourage their clients to cancel their referrals if they or any member in their household are developing cold/flu like symptoms as described on the Alberta Health Services website and to call our office at 403.255.5102 ext. 224 for assistance.
- Charlie’s Children Program will remain operating. WINS will be taking an extra safety step by pre-screening applicants’ health conditions prior to their appointments to protect expecting/new mothers and their babies from any potential health risks.
- Our Family Resource Centres (FRC) Team will continue to provide services at our Dover location only, Monday to Friday (by appointments only screened clients). FRC team can be reached at 403.255.5102, ext. 226 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retail Ready Employment Service has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
- WINS thrift stores (all locations) are operating as usual at this time.
- Delivery and pick up services are ceased temporarily until further notice.