Circle of Wisdom Elders & Seniors Centre,
serving Calgary and area Indigenous seniors in several areas to support them in advocacy, supporting traditional teachings, traditional ceremonies, basic need referrals, interpersonal relationships development to decrease isolation, encourage community engagement through this global crisis.
- flexibility based on the needs of our participants and our community.
- Building has 4 parking spaces with wheelchair accessibility and elevator,
accessible to the c-train being a one block from Centre.
Grandmother Circle, will continue to meet online, notice of next meeting will be email.
Grandfather Circle, is a newly formed circle where Grandfathers can support each other in the Grandfather role/responsibilities
Missing speaking Blackfoot, Cree and Anishinaabe (Ojibwe, Saulteaux) with other seniors community members, Circle of Wisdom is hosting a Blackfoot, Cree and Anishinaabe (Ojibwe, Saulteaux) conversation circles every 2 weeks. Please call 587.350.4789 or register @ email@example.com
Learn how to traditionally make a ribbon skirts, rattles, shawls, drums, according to traditions workshops will online privately. Please call 587.350.4789 or register @ firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep safe, we will be hosting a masking making workshop online, cloth material donated by senior.) Please call 587.350.4789 or register @ email@example.com
All craft materials will be delivered in a care package by our team in a social distancing where all crafts are sanitized.
MEET THE TEAM
Doreen Williams, Metis from Bonnyville, a kookum of 3 grandbabies, serves as your Elders Coordinators. If you need to reach out please connect with her @403-455-4068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewell Melting Tallow, Kainakii from the Blood First Nation. Mother (Na Aa) of 3 and Grandmother of 1. Serves as your Elders Assistant. If you need anything, please reach out to connect with us @ 587.350.4789 or email me at email@example.com
- Referrals to food, housing
- Assistance with filling out forms- government forms
- We will have food hampers and hot food once a month.
- Workshop on keeping safe with First Aid, Babysitting and Emergency preparedness (with 72 hour emergency kits for each senior or household).
- Workshop on sewing a ribbon skirt, moccasins, and my favorite ribbon skirt, art(painting) and other crafts. We will be doing care kits with supplies.
- We also have gloves, face mask and hand sanitizers.
- If you need a place for meetings, please let us know.
- Conversational Blackfoot, Cree, Anishinaabe(Ojibwe, Saulteaux) Circle to speak to other seniors.
- Grandmothers Circle- grandmother’s support each other and community.