Circle of Wisdom Elders & Seniors Centre,
serving Calgary and area Indigenous seniors in several areas to support them in advocacy, supporting traditional teachings, traditional ceremonies, basic need referrals, interpersonal relationships development to decrease isolation, encourage community engagement through this global crisis.
- flexibility based on the needs of our participants and our community.
- Building has 4 parking spaces with wheelchair accessibility and elevator,
- accessible to the c-train being a one block from Centre.
Closed during the restriction, no appointment but access to the email@example.com or phone 587.350.4789
Emergency Preparedness Kit Workshop
more information coming soon…
Missing speaking Blackfoot, Cree and Anishinaabe (Ojibwe, Saulteaux) with other seniors community members, Circle of Wisdom is hosting a Blackfoot, Cree and Anishinaabe (Ojibwe, Saulteaux) conversation circles every 2 weeks. Please call 587.350.4789 or register @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn how to traditionally make a ribbon skirts, rattles, shawls, drums, according to traditions workshops will online privately. Please call 587.350.4789 or register @ email@example.com
- Mask, Face Shields, Hand Sanitizer, gloves available upon request
- We will have food hampers and hot food once a month.
- Assistance with filling out forms- government forms
- Workshop on keeping safe with First Aid, Babysitting and Emergency preparedness (with 72 hour emergency kits for each senior or household).
- Workshop on sewing a ribbon skirt, moccasins, and my favorite ribbon skirt, art(painting) and other crafts. We will be doing care kits with supplies.
- Conversational Blackfoot, Cree, Anishinaabe (Ojibwe, Saulteaux) Circle to speak to other seniors.
- Grandmothers Circle- grandmother’s support each other and community.
Message from Circle of Wisdom Team
I would like to thank all the Elders & Seniors who become actively involved on our programs through Microsoft Teams, Facebook Chat Room, I know it’s been hard on everyone in trying to figure out how to log in, turn the camera on or the sound button.
Through trail & error, we have found out that ZOOM, is the easiest one to use. If you need help, please call 587.350.4789.
If you need a laptop for our workshops or classes, please let us know, we will drop one off you for the day.
Thank you for joining us for Game Day.
Grandmother Circle, will continue to meet online, notice of next meeting will be email.
Grandfather Circle, is a newly formed circle where Grandfathers can support each other in the Grandfather role/responsibilities.
To keep safe, we will be hosting a masking making workshop online, cloth material donated by senior.) Please call 587.350.4789 or register @ firstname.lastname@example.org
All craft materials will be delivered in a care package by our team in a social distancing where all crafts are sanitized.